The Bloomington Education Association exists to effect excellence and equity in public education and to be the advocacy organization for public education professionals in Bloomington Public School, District 87.
BEA seeks to:
- encourage the finest possible educational experiences for the students and teachers in the Bloomington Public Schools.
- promote among the certified personnel a continuation of a genuine spirit of professional ethics and professional growth.
- work cooperatively with the Administration and Board of Education in the resolution of school issues.
- help secure and maintain adequate salaries, tenure, sound retirement systems, health insurance, and such other improvements in conditions as will enable certified personnel to function properly as vital factors in educational progress.
- encourage active cooperation among school faculties.
- cooperate with parent-teacher organizations and civic bodies which have educational objectives.
- help interpret to the public problems, functions, and progress of the Bloomington Public Schools.
- encourage a working relationship based on integrity among the administrators and members of the Board of Education and the faculty of Bloomington Public Schools.
- help secure information and keep certified personnel informed on educational methods, materials, research, and legislation.